www.facebook.com/TOTPORDAARAW

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Thank God I'm 30!

It's my Big 3-0 on the 21st! I've got frustrated for a year but now that I am a few steps away from it, the fact makes me very excited.

This blog entry is dedicated to everyone who made my 30 years of existence colorful, wonderful and beautiful.


MUMOMOMENT HIT # 5 ANG HULING EL BIMBO by ERASERHEADS


I am a very huge Eraserheads fan. This is one of the songs that my sister, Dindi, recommended to me when I was still attempting to play the guitar. G-A7-C, right?

Guitar playing, dancing, singing -- performing altogether -- very high school. I had an amazing high school life. Thanks to my dear teachers, friends and bandmates, I discovered that I can do a lot of things.

FAVE LINES: Magkahawak ang ating kamay | At walang kamalay-malay | Na tinuruan mo ang puso ko | Na umibig ng tunay

EHEADS FACTS: The band found that they weren't good at playing covers, so they concentrated on writing their own material instead. "After all, if we committed a mistake, no one would recognize it since they don't know the song, right?" Buendia explained.

The band recorded a nine-song demo tape in the garage of Marasigan's provincial home (in Candelaria, Quezon) on January 6, 1991. They then shopped the demo cassette around record labels, clubs and radio stations, hoping to have their songs reach the public. However, they were rejected at every turn, with one recording label deeming that their demo was "not pop enough". In May 1991, a professor-friend teaching Humanities, Robin Rivera, helped them re-record and mix better versions of the demo songs on a four-track DAT recorder. The new demo was named Pop-U!, an irreverent response to those who turned them down.

The band got their name from the movie directed by David Lynch.


MUMOMOMENT HIT # 4  THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT by FRANK SINATRA


I love this song especially when sung by my fathers. My real dad (yes, he has an FB account) loves to sing songs like this and dedicate them all to my mom. He might be grumpy at times but he's really sweet.

Every time we get the chance of seeing each other, my other dad would sing this song, too. He was like my father when I was still "floating away" in Makati. He would give me advices on life and love.

This one also goes out to my daddy in Ilagan, Isabela. He's actually my mom's dad and he is as lovely as how he sees us all.

Yes, I am a daddy's girl. ♥ I love you, dads!

FAVE LINES: Lovely ... Never, ever change | Keep that breathless charm | Won't you please arrange it ? | 'Cause I love you ... | Just the way you look tonight

FRANK SINATRA FACTS:  "One thing that was tremendously important was learning the use of the microphone," Sinatra said. "Many singers never learned to use one. They never understood, and still don`t, that a microphone is their instrument. It`s like they are part of an orchestra, but instead of playing a saxophone, they`re playing a microphone." His thorough understanding of the technology resulted in recorded performances of unequalled sonic presence and impact.

Most videoke and karaoke bars in the Philippines have removed the song My Way by Frank Sinatra on their song lists. Why? Because a lot of people had died singing this song. It's so common that everyone has their opinion as to how it should be sung, thus, creating a This-Is-How-It-Should-Be-Done or You-Are-Not-A-Great-Singer atmosphere.


MUMOMOMENT HIT # 3 CHANGE THE WORLD by ERIC CLAPTON


For me, this is not a love song for just two people. I really love kids and this is my song for them. ♥

Children deserve to experience the world -- a changed world -- a not-so-perfect world but has all the beauties I loved when I was younger. I want them to hug trees, run through valleys, climb hills and mountains. If only I could, I would really change the world... for them.

FAVE LINES: That I can change the world | I would be the sunlight in your universe | You will think my love was really something good | Baby, if I could, change the world

ERIC CLAPTON FACTS:  Eric never knew his father, because he was raised by his maternal grandparents. He found out that his father was a Canadian pilot when Eric was 53 years old.

QUOTE: "It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you.'" 


MUMOMOMENT HIT # 2 HANGING BY A MOMENT by LIFEHOUSE


This is one of the many songs that we used as soundtrack for our college short film project entitled "Lakad" to which I bagged the Best Scriptwriter award. It's very memorable because it was the first time I completed a script for a short film... you know, me being a slacker and all. 

Lakad was about a struggling artist frustrated to paint a masterpiece about people. He searched the whole town by walking: ending up at his mother's place. She was quietly sleeping on a rocking chair when he saw her. Struck by inspiration, he started painting her. He left the eyes blank on the canvas because he wanted to capture his mother's lovely eyes. He tried waking her up, only to discover that she's already dead. 

I miss college. ♥

FAVE LINES: Desperate for changing | Starving for truth | I'm closer to where I started | Chasing after you

LIFEHOUSE FACTS: Lifehouse has this song entitled Simon dedicated to outcasts. "I wrote this about a friend of mine who told me about his childhood. He was telling me how he went to school and was the outcast and everyone picked on him and called him names, and he didn't have one friend. I started feeling the same emotions he must have felt and just started writing these lyrics. I think some of the stuff from [growing up in] Hong Kong might have been related to that, not having any friends at that age and being, as a family, the outcast in a different culture. The feeling of being alone, of being abandoned, connects to that. So 'Simon' came really easily. I wrote it in about 15 minutes. These lyrics just poured out and I wrote them down and recorded it on the spot," says Jason.

Jason Wade learned martial arts as a child and was homeschooled.


MUMOMOMENT HIT # 1 IRIS by GOO GOO DOLLS


This City of Angels soundtrack is the soundtrack of my life. I don't really know why. FYI, it doesn't have anything to do with my lovelife. I think I just fell in love with the song the first time I heard it way back in high  school.

Since I already mentioned the magic word, I think I can dedicate this song to all of "them" who I attempted to love deeply but failed. You are a part of who I am now and I still regard you as my dear friends. :) THank you for making me strong.

FAVE LINES: And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming | Or the moment of truth in your lies | When everything feels like the movies | Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive

GOO GOO DOLLS FACTS:  John Rzeznik was approached to write a song for the City of Angels soundtrack, and the end product was "Iris". This song propelled the band to stardom, as it stayed on top of Billboard Hot 100 Airplay charts for a record-breaking 18 weeks, and was nominated for three Grammys that year. According to several interviews with Rzeznik, he was experiencing serious bouts of writer's block when he was approached, and was on the verge of quitting the band days before he wrote the song.

The then trio (John, Robby Takac and George Tutuska) picked their name from a True Detective ad for a toy called a Goo Goo Doll.



I would also like to thank ALL the people I have met. Sorry to those I disappointed; kampaii to those who continue to accept me for who I am. God bless us all!

For feedback and suggestions, just send me a message or leave a comment below. Subscribe on Facebook. Follow me on Twitter and please hashtag Mumomoment (#Mumomoment).

Let's make the world a better place! Ka-ciao!!!

No comments: